March 21, 2008

Our Hearts Respond to Greatness

In the past couple days I've been overcome and overwhelmed by the sensation that I am on the edge of great things. I have no idea where this is coming from, but I'm embracing it. The past few months have been a struggle. I've been discouraged and underwhelmed by my own progress. So many things have been moving around and changing in my life (and the lives of those closest to me) lately, that everything has been left in a very unstable state. But I honestly think that God has been setting all of us up for something huge. I couldn't tell you if anyone else feels the same way, but I'm excited. I'm excited to be posting a blog that's not semi-depressing or speaking only of struggles and weakness. I'm excited just to be excited about something.

I love Elevation's song "Sing Your Praises Out." I think part of telling about the great things God has done is expecting and knowing that He will continue to do more great things. It never stops. If He has been faithful so far, He will continue to be. My favorite line is that our hearts respond to greatness. We move when God shows us greatness. He has most definitely shown us greatness, and I'm excited to see what the next step is towards Him.

No comments: