March 10, 2008

I have a River

I'll admit I've been distracted for the past couple weeks and have unintentionally taken a break from Visioneering. But I picked it up again today, and I'm back to enjoying it.

Christ didn't commission us to become authorities so we could tell people how they ought to live. He called us to be influences by the way we live, so people would want what we have.

Knowing that the way you live can affect the way someone else wants to live is a huge responsibility, and it's one that I think I unknowingly carry everyday. I know there are plenty of things I do (or don't do) that don't necessarily reflect the way I want to live for God. I have an ideal image in my head of who I'd like to be. There's this ridiculously (emotionally) strong, Godly girl/woman with high standards, always responding with love and encouragement, backing arguments and discussions with scripture, asking the right questions, giving answers that are well thought out, learning from and fixing mistakes rather than repeating them. Unfortunately, I'm nowhere near superChristianchick.

But I believe I am who I am for a reason. I believe in God for a reason. I struggle with the things that I struggle with for a reason. And Christ has called me to be an influence in the way that I live. This is about to become so much more important as I take on a high school small group. Because I want to be a good influence on my girls, and I want them to want what I have. I want my friendships and relationships with people around me to reflect how I want to serve God. I want my role at Elevation to reflect that same thing. I want them to see me working hard to make every aspect of my life about my beautiful Savior so that they could not help but want to do the same.
I'm lazy. I'm a slacker. I'm flat out stupid sometimes. I can't wait to break that. I think I'm ready to break that. Ready to grow up. It's about time.

[Spirit of God, my source of power
I'll never need what this world offers
so I will rejoice for You have made me glad
I want this world to want what I have

I have a river of life, flowing inside of me, and it never runs dry
I have a treasure, a glorious prize:
the Spirit of God in me in abundant supply]

No comments: