March 12, 2008

A House Divided

In Luke 11:17, Jesus said "Any kingdom divided against itself will be ruined, and a house divided against itself will fall."

A family that is divided will fall. When I'm away from home, my friends are my family. My entourage is my family. And when we are divided, we suffer.
I would say that the last month or so has been a ridiculously busy and hectic time in our lives. Between church, school and our personal lives, my friendships with those around me have been pushed through a lot. Through all of it, I'm learning every day that we are a family. We are brothers and sisters who watch and help each other grow in Christ. We try and protect each other and take care of each other, and sometimes we don't do a good job. We get selfish and we get tired and we forget that we are not number one. We forget that our relationships with our family and our friends need to honor God, and by being honest with each other and lifting each other up, we'll honor Him.
It's something I would rather have out in the open. It's something that can be fixed. God has put us in each other's lives for a reason. God has given us a support system of believers to surround us and put us on bricks (as Jennica would say). And if we become a house divided, we all suffer. I'm so thankful for the family God has placed me in, and I'm determined to remain undivided.

No comments: