November 24, 2007

i was meant to be taken away

Have you ever looked at someone and thought, “Dang. They LOVE me.”

It’s phenomenal. This isn’t like a cocky “I’m so amazing” kind of thing. This is a thing where you can look at the way someone looks at you and treats you and talks to you and understand how they respect and love you.

My biggest example of this in my life is my dad. I’m completely in love with my father. He has a bad temper (that he passed on to me), he’s rarely politically correct, and he’s honestly never been very much of a Christ-like example to me. With all of that, I love him more than life, and every single time I see him, I’m blown away by his love for me. I guess he’s where I got some of my touchy-feely side from. My dad and I are close (and apparently cute according to Bryan), and I’ve always wanted him around me. Especially since I’ve been at college, I’ve been able to come home, spend 5 minutes with him and see how much he loves me.
Aside from family, my biggest example is Ryan. Ryan is one of my best friends and the best example I can find of a Godly man. He’s my age, but he’s so freaking beyond it. We rarely see each other because he’s at Clemson, but when we do get the chance to hang out, we pick up where we left off. I spend 5 minutes with him, and I can feel that he loves me.
My last example is Merkel (a.k.a. Stephanie if Merk is too weird of a name for you). This girl dragged me into living life for Jesus. If she wasn’t pushing me through it, I’d be a really lukewarm kind of Christian. She woke me up 4 years ago, and even today I can feel how much she loves me.

I thank God for these people. There are more. These three have just been with me the longest and brought me through the most junk. It’s one thing to feel love for someone else, but it’s another to look at someone and know that they love you just as much.

Lately, I find myself overwhelmed by how much God loves me. I hear a really good song and feel that He’s there. I stand outside when it’s freezing cold, and I look at the stars. He’s there. He loves me. I spend time with my family, especially my brother and stepsisters, and never stop laughing, and He’s there. I look at something that I know He has placed in my life, and I can see how much He loves me.

I really hope that you have people in your life like that. I especially hope that I am that person for someone…

1 comment:

michael k said...

haha. I dont know if I could get through the early early hours of volunteering at Elevation without your excellent supervisory skills very best friend! :)