February 26, 2008

What Could Be

An 18 year old kid who was supposed to graduate this year from my old high school was hit by a car last night and died. A month or so ago, an 18 year old kid drank himself to death at Clemson. My brother was pretty good friends with both kids. As much as I feel for the Ben and Andru's families, my heart breaks for my brother. He's just a kid. He's just 17 years old, and I think it sucks that he's having to deal with so much death lately. Andru's sister, Caroline, is my age. And Andru was Michael's age. I can't and don't want to imagine ever losing Michael. It was bad enough when he spent week in the hospital for a busted spleen.

My real problem is that I'm never home to see Michael and we were not raised to communicate emotions and feelings to each other and we never built that on our own. I can't just call him up and ask him how he's holding up and tell him I love him and miss him. If something were to happen to either one of us, I don't think either of us would remember the last words we said to each other. I was thinking the other day that if Michael could see how great God is and if he would choose to live for Him, he would do amazing things with this world. Because I never go home, all I can really do is pray that God would speak and move so strongly that Michael could not deny Him.

I just pray that he would see how awesome and strong God is and even when people die before we think they should, God is working. and God will always have him in His hands.

No comments: