February 26, 2008

Goodbye,Hello

This whole dying thing is really weird for me. My junior year of high school, my friend Brian was in a car crash and was killed. Last year, one of my best friends' aunt passed away. My brother's two friends these past couple months. And today my mom told me that the priest at the Catholic church I grew up in died last week. What the heck?!
Anyways, this is one of my favorite songs that I've ever witness God put on someone's heart. The verses are decent, but I'm pretty much in love with the chorus.

I've been around for a while, watching you grow from a child,
It's gone by so fast
Oh, child, I know you're mine, and I pray for you all the time:
don't let this life pass.

I know that it's hard to believe I'm gone, but soon you will see
how time flies by.
So please don't cry for me. I know that you're hurting, I see,
but I'm ready to fly.

I know you hate goobyes, but love,
I hate to see you cry over things that you just can't change.
I know it's not the same, but I am always on your side,
and I'm waiting for your tears to dry.
I'm here, and I'm waiting with open arms
when you're ready to let go and move on.

It's going to be a little while, but I swear it will come soon enough.
We'll be face-to-face and smile-to-smile,
and you'll have me back, my love.

No comments: