February 23, 2008

Just As I Am

I've done a post similar to this pretty recently, but the point was reiterated to me tonight, so I figure God's speaking through it.

I just spent an hour or so having an AIM conversation with my friend Heather about me. We were really close friends in high school, and she's this super observant person. She listed pages worth of things she remembers about me. Among them being:
-The way I sit (almost always cross-legged or with one leg underneath me)
-Where my locker was and part of my combination (that one is kind of creepy)
-The way I wear bracelets high up on my arms, not on my wrists (and she remembered exactly what bracelets I wore and where I wore my ring our senior year)
-The way I'm really stubborn when taking food or money from other people (I'll take it, it just takes me a while to get over myself)
-The way always play with my necklaces (which is very sad for me now that I never wear necklaces. So now I usually play with my collarbone or nearby sweatshirt strings)
-The way I felt like God was calling me to other things my senior year so I quit soccer during conditioning
-How I "LOVED" my black bible (which is now my bible covered in duct tape) and
-My favorite and the one that really proves she gets me and wasn't just watching my every move in a stalkerish way:
beautyisinmusic : you always seemed sure of yourself however, i don't think you were
beautyisinmusic : you kind of seemed lost at times.
beautyisinmusic : and like you really needed a good friend

And I just freaking love her. And this all reminds me once again, that God knows me. As much as it blows my mind that Heather has managed to retain so much useless information about me, I know that God knows every single thought, emotion, action, word that comes from me. Lately, I find myself trying to hide things from God all over again. Something in me really thinks I can fool Him. I like how Andy Stanley says "The only healthy and profitable thing to do is to pour out your heart to your Heavenly Father. R-rated words and all. After all, He knows what's in your heart anyway."
This is good for me to remember because it also goes back to my last post and praying about everything first. Nehemiah prayed some pretty hardcore things, and He wasn't afraid to. He knew that God already knew what he wanted in the first place. God knew if he was angry or upset or happy. God knows when and why I'm emotional. He knows my favorite color, my 8th grade locker combination, my prideful side, and He knows the way I really am. He loves me anyways. He gave me all the weird quirks that Heather notices. He built me. He crafted me. He loved me as He made me, and He still loves me even if the character traits He put in me have been used for less than good. I seriously love who I am when I look at it in that perspective.

P.S. Anita, if you couldn't tell, I had SO much fun with you, SG and Rylee yesterday and today. Thank you for letting me tag along and love on your girls a little longer than usual. I'm pretty attached to you at this point, too. I'm glad we got to bond. Haha I hope you guys have a great weekend and enjoy Phillip finally being home. And to Phillip, I hope you feel better.

No comments: