February 2, 2008

Keep Moving

I don't even know where to begin.
Orange Tour was phenomenal. I feel like I'm going to be thinking and talking about it for the next couple weeks (and I'll try and keep most of that to thinking, rather than constantly talking about it, for your sake). And the sad thing is, that right now in this blog, I won't even end up putting anything specifically about what I learned from the conference, mostly because I'm still processing an abundance of information.
I don't know if I've ever understood the concept of becoming truly humble about something. I mean, I understand it, but I don't think I figured out what it would feel like when it happened. But this weekend, I walked around in awe of the position that God chose to put me in for the weekend. I'm almost sure that I was the youngest person in that room. While age doesn't mean much to me here, I feel like that's a way to put it in perspective right now. I was surrounded by people who knew different things than I did. Who knew more than I did. Who saw things differently.
My point is that I'm thankful for the random (to me, not to God) chance that someone couldn't go to OT this weekend and I got to take their place. It helped me understand that God hasn't given up on me and hasn't abandoned me to figure out my life on my own. He has a vision that He's nudging me towards step by small, painful step. He's using events, circumstances, resources and people to help me figure it out. And I feel better about everything now. And the best part is that when you can clearly see Him in the process of mapping out something in your life, it's much easier to remember that He is personal. That He is Love and He has the potential to be my best friend if I would learn to trust on Him before anything else. I feel like and I hope I'm moving forward and for a while I'm done with standing still in my walk with Him.

No comments: