February 13, 2008

Hey death...weren't you supposed to have some sort of power?

So I was reading through an old journal today and came across a time when I had been reading Hosea. Hosea is an amazing book, and the first verse I focused on after breaking up with Javy was Hosea4:12: [Therefore, I am now going to allure her; I will lead her into the desert and speak tenderly to her] Because it's about God calling us back to our beginnings and starting over with us and loving us as if for the very first time. I followed Him to the desert and allowed Him to help me start over. So this was a good time in my journal. The next verse that caught my eye was Hosea 13:14: [I will ransom them from the power of the grave; I will redeem them from death. Where, O death, are your plagues? Where, O grave is your destruction?]

GOD MOCKS DEATH
and I love it.
(there's also a Shane & Shane song that says [What matter of love is this that You would say, "your sin is Mine. I'll take it to the grave." Death, oh death, where is your sting today? Death is swallowed up in victory])

I'm so glad that I was reading through my journal and found this today. I feel like this is so random because I've been focusing on Visioneering so much lately. But this reminds me how amazing and big and powerful. God MOCKS death. As humans, we see death as this horrible, inevitable, depressing element in life. But God has taken any power death ever had away from it. He freaking makes fun of death. Like death was supposed to have this huge power and consequence to it, but now it's swallowed up in victory.
I also found something I wrote almost a year ago that is so relevant to what I'm feeling every day today. I'll probably blog about that later. I'm happy to have this random spurt to remind me that I have felt very close to God pretty recently. Also, reading through old journals reminded me that as hard as certain things are for me these days, I have honestly come so far. Praise God for that.

[we love You, Jesus
in and out of seasons
on valleys and on top of mountains
even now, we love You]

2 comments:

michael k said...

Kelly you have most certainly taught me so much about what it is to be a Christian by your walk with Christ. so on fire you are, its contagious!

Deni said...

I'll most definitely agree with the above comment.

I love reading through old prayer journals too. Just to remind me of all the huge, amazing things God has done for me.

It's awesome :)