January 19, 2008

Thanks guys.

This is going to be a really random post that could probably wait until after Sunday, but I was thinking about this tonight and getting really excited for this coming Sunday. The past two Sundays I got to do background vocals in "big church," which I love. However, I am so freaking excited to get back to Motion for the next 2 weeks. I'm finding out more and more every week how much I love the people that work in Motion at Butler.
Today Jackie sent me an e-mail checking with the schedule for this coming Sunday and saying she would not be there so I would generally be making sure that all of our run-throughs and things get done, which I've done before. I miss Jackie when she's gone, but I love the chances I get to "run" things in Motion. Partly because I like the few chances I get to step up into a leadership role (even if temporarily). But mostly I love getting the chance to do it because it proves to me how dedicated and amazing the people I work with are. I spend a lot of time at Providence because my best friends are generally there. But I get excited about working at Butler because I know that I can ALWAYS rely on the people there, whether I'm physically there or not. Moreso, I'm sure it gets redundant to them, but I love getting to sit down with them (Katlyn, Phillip, Josh and Megan specifically) and tell them just how much they are appreciated in Motion. Getting to pour any amount of encouragment into them is amazing to me. They put so much time and effort into making a good experience for the kids, even on the weeks they aren't "scheduled" to. They are really set on showing the love of Jesus to these kids and they are excellent at getting everything set up and running, no matter who is in charge. God has surrounded each of us with a group of loving, selfless, dedicated people who know what it means to invest in the work of Jesus so that kids' lives will be changed.

No comments: