January 26, 2008

Thankful...Saturday?

Okay, so it's not a super cool title like Thankful Thursday with the whole "th" pattern going on, but run with me here. It's a short list.

I'm thankful for:
-The amazing families at Elevation who trust me enough to watch their children. I got to babysit three sets of amazingly beautiful, smart, growing kids this week. And I'm really excited because the Hubatka's are next.

-Incredible friends and a roommate with whom I can actually hang out, laugh and grow.

-El Roi. The God who sees me.
This name for God is found in Genesis 16:13 when Hagar says "You are the God who sees me. I have now seen the One who sees me."
His name is permanently written across my back. And even though it is, I think I often forget what it really means. I am loved by the God who knows every single last detail about my life. He knows every doubt I own right now, every scar I've made on myself, every complete screw-up. He knows every time I've ever managed to show a bit of patience or humility, every time I've loved someone as Him, every word of praise I have offered. There isn't one detail about me that He has ever missed, and I'm extremely thankful for that. What's even better is that He knows everything and manages to love me and erase the past and keep looking. He looks for the best in me and helps me find freedom from the worst (but that's another tattoo and another blog in itself).

No comments: