December 2, 2007

this is heaven to no one else but me

I believe everyone connects to God in different ways.
I'm figuring out why music is so important to me. Some people read the Bible and automatically connect to God. Some people pray/talk to Him and automatically connect. I sing, and I'm there.

I think the two main gifts that God chose to bless me with are singing and loving kids (and yes, I really believe that the ability to love children is a gift, and I've seen people who don't have it). I've been singing for as long as I can remember and, I do not and never plan on having the right words to explain how much I enjoy worshiping God this way. Today it's hitting me hard, and I'm realizing exactly how grateful I am that God has placed me in this place at this time on this planet to do the things I'm doing. Leading worship for Motion and singing background vocals in church are two of the most unbelievable things I get to be a part of, and they connect me to God like nothing else does. I'm so thankful that I go to a church where it's okay for us to jump around and act ridiculous. I'm so thankful that I'm at a church that allows me to express all of the love that's in me towards my Savior. I'm so thankful that I'm at a stage in my walk where I don't really mind the weird looks people give me for doing that.

I don't even want to post this blog because nothing I can say or write can really convey the depth of what singing and worship is to my heart.
But I want to point out the amazing parts of today:

-Motion worship was the best I've seen it so far. It was so much fun, even with the glitches in the songs and the confused kids.
-I got to run around with Phillip and Katlyn all morning, screaming at kids to come to Pulse next week and jumping around for Jesus (speaking of which, Pulse is going to be amazing).
-I snuck at peak at the end of the the third service at Providence when Pastor gave the invitation. It literally brought tears to my eyes to see the number of hands go up. God is leaving me speechless more and more lately. All I could do was laugh and tell Him how awesome He is over and over.
-Several people really came through today, and we all managed to pull of Jennica's (mostly) surprise party with success. God has put together such an awesome group of people that continue to grow and laugh and serve God together every week. I'm blown away. You guys are phenomenal, and I love you so much.

1 comment:

michael k said...

I think the part of the day (sunday) that really was interesting to me was the fact that we all prayed for Jennica during her party. Im just not used to seeing a group of people our age blessing and holding up one of their own like that. It really touched my heart to see such a Godly group of young people. Im starting to realize each day that an entourage with you (elevation crowd) lot will bless me a whole lot more than any other group of people. You guys are a great support for any young christian.

Oh and your bowling stance is awesome. take care Chilly Mac.