December 29, 2007

Hello, my name is ____.

I kind of wish that my friends would call me by name more often. I feel like we all spend so much time together that eventually we're all just running around yelling "Hey!" and waiting for the right person to respond. [Aside from all of Michael's "Kelleh!!!'s" of course]

I was thinking about this tonight when I realized that this is what I have in God. I have a Father who calls me by name every single time. Your name is the thing that your brain recognizes instantly and likes. We like hearing our names called. We like being recognized and being handed an identity. Sometimes it doesn't seem like it, but God is so personal that He's calling on every single one of us by our names. I really have a hard time of letting Him be extremely personal and close to me, but remembering that every time He calls me, He calls me by my name that He gave me helps.
I can't get enough of Him.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great post Kelly. Sometimes we really need to remember how personal our Savior is.