December 21, 2007

hope that this works out alright

Resources will resume next time.
Until then:

I've been learning a lot in the past 3 and 1/2 months about the way God works through our obedience or lack thereof. I've been learning a lot about how He moves people in and out of our lives. This can be an easier, simple process, or this can be a really difficult, painful process. It all depends on:

1. How you choose to view the movement of people in and out of your life.
2. Whether or not you choose to be obedient to Him when He calls someone in our out of your life.
3. How those people choose to enter and leave your life.

1. I think most people choose to see someone leaving their life as a negative thing. A lot of times it is, but sometimes you need to cut the rope that ties you to people who bring you down. Sometimes there's just so much history between two people, that the only way to guard hearts is to separate and move on. I'm learning that even though I may be losing someone significant from my life, it's the only real way to guard my heart from what could happen.
2. Obedience is vital. Sometimes it's hard for me to understand exactly what God is calling me to do, but there's a big difference between not understanding what He's calling me to and hearing what He's calling me to and simply refusing to obey. In one situation, it's okay to make the mistake; I can only understand to the best of my ability. On the other hand, disobedience = more separation than is worth it. If God is telling you that a certain person in your life is bringing you down, then the obedient thing to do is to separate yourself from them.
3. It makes a big difference when someone chooses to peacefully bow out of your life. When someone leaves with the intention to disrupt your heart and emotions, it's dangerous. When someone leaves with the intention of guarding both of your hearts and letting each of you grow and experience life in a new way, it's magnificent and entirely helpful.

While my view of the way others move in and out of my life is important, it's also really important for me to make sure that I understand the effects I have on others when I choose to move in or out of their lives.

After all of that, I still don't think there is an easy way for someone to just walk out of your life...but it happens.

No comments: