July 2, 2008

Word of the Day

Today's word of the day is:

NOTHING.

What Can separate me from the Love of God?

NOTHING.

What do I believe can separate me from the Love of God?

Well...my sins, my failures, my mistakes (especially my repeated mistakes), my shortcomings, when I don't do my quiet time, when I don't do my quiet time well, when I don't pray "enough," when I pay more attention to myself than I do to God, when I struggle...

But NOTHING, neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

God sent Jesus, who died for us, who bridged the gap, and now God's Love and I are inseparable. Who shall separate us from the love of Christ?

NOTHING.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

great post, kelly.
the whole idea of God always loving us no matter what we do is hard to grasp, but you did well explaining it.

anyway, i'm excited for our fast and i got your book out so i wouldn't forget it.

David said...

Your blog makes me happy. I've had the chance to read over some of your older stuff at work lately. You're a pretty decent kid :)