July 23, 2008

Never Alone

I can't believe I'm still awake. I'm going to be mad at myself tomorrow, but the truth is, I can't stop reading this blog. There are several different stories I've been keeping track of lately or reading through that have been moving my heart and proving to me that God is really bigger than all of this. It amazes me how something like a sick or dying child can be so painfully heavy and difficult can also be so incredibly beautiful, comforting and peaceful all at the same time. My heart is really heavy tonight for more reasons than just this. I know it can be my turn for great things now if I can learn to give it up to God. I'm excited to see what He will do with me next. I'm excited that hearing other stories has stretched my faith in a way that encourages me to put more hope and trust in God in my own life.

One thing that stuck out to me tonight in this post is when she says that as much as it hurts to cry out to God, she is thankful that she can and she does.

I am not alone. When everyone else has failed me and has left me, my God, my Lord is by my side. No matter how much pain I am in, I know the Lord is with me and He is my Rock. He is my one thing in the world that remains solid and unshakable. I can't imagine going through anything without Him. I can't imagine how empty my heart would be without Him. Even if I never feel like I get a straight, complete answer from Him the way I want it, I know that at the very least I can just sit with Him, be with Him, cry to Him and find comfort in Him.

Also, "We Cry Out" by Kim Walker is on it's 15th straight play on iTunes, and it's actually been a great backdrop to the story I'm reading. I heard it in the office on Thursday and I'm now obsessed with it. You should hear it.

No comments: