July 3, 2008

Together Again

I'm sitting next to two of the weirdest people I know who happen to be having one of the weirdest conversations I've ever heard with someone I've never met. It's been a long day with lots of traveling and a little bit of stress, but I made it to Charleston and I'm happy to be back with my "family." Savannah Grace has been clinging to me either because she (1.) hasn't had much interaction with anyone but her family lately or (2.) she really did miss me. It took her about an hour, but Rylee is back to saying my name. And it took more than a couple hours because of working in the yard and his own exhaustion, but Phillip and I finally laughed about someone being gay on tv together. AND Anita is making the coolest cake ever on Saturday for Rylee's party, and I can't wait to eat it...and take pictures of it.
I've missed them, and I'm blessed to get to spend the weekend with them.

And I'm looking forward to a special beach trip before I head back up to Charlotte Saturday. I miss the ocean.

No comments: