June 19, 2008

Hungry

The other day I was sitting on the floor in Makenna's room while they were playing some game that involved finding as many small, toy dogs as possible and playing "house" with them (creative, I know), and I was looking through their books. One was called "The Book of Knowledge" or something awesome like that, and I decided to look through it. It was broken up into sections, and there was one section on planets and stars and galaxies and whatnot. I'll go ahead and admit I let the girls continue their fun albeit not-as-productive-as-possible playtime so I could read the section in the book. It was awesome. When I was little, I wanted to learn about astronomy all the time. I just wanted to know more about it. I think it's the vastness of space. It's something so big that I can never understand on my own, so I wanted to read about it. And reading this book reminded me of that. I read about every planet (even poor Pluto, who can no longer claim the title), galaxies, the sun, stars, you name it.

I miss being at an age where I just wanted to learn...for the sake of learning. Where I would want to go find books just to soak of the information in them. I still love reading, but I don't do it enough. One area that I want this mindset in is with my quiet time. I want to go at my Bible with a hunger for knowledge of what's inside it. I want to read it aching to just know and understand what God has to tell me through it. I just miss being hungry for knowledge in general, I guess.

No comments: