June 15, 2008

Father's Day

I love my dad. I really do. He's not a really great Christian example in my life, but I look up to him all the same. He's always been around for me 100% even after he and my mom got divorced, and he's always shown his love for me; I've never questioned it. Lately I've also been learning that whether or not he agrees with me on a subject, he is always behind me and supporting me. He always wants what is best for me, and he is quick to protect me. At least, he does all of this to the best of his ability, considering he is often 2 hours away from me in Greenville. He'll never read this and he may never understand exactly how much I love him, but there it is. I also enjoy my relationship with him because I can relate it to my relationship with God, except as great as my father's love for me is, God's love is amplified so much more. I wish I could actually comprehend it.

P.S. I'm also really thankful for the other men in my life who have really led me, protected me, given me advice and acted as father figures in my life. Especially this guy.

P.P.S. These two guys are not only awesome men, but awesome bloggers as well. And I am always very diligent in saying hello to them in the office and keeping them on my blogroll. You are welcome.

No comments: