June 9, 2008

Crazy Times

So looking back on yesterday, I'm thinking it was probably one of the best days for a ton of things to go wrong. Which is really saying a lot considering there was no air conditioning at Butler for the first half of the morning, apparently the generators quick working at Providence, and (the most ridiculously intense moment I ever hope to experience in church) one of the girls working the camera at Providence during the 1:00 fainted and fell along with the camera into the seat next to me. She landed at my feet. It was crazy. I haven't heard any updates on her, I hope she's ok, but when I left she was sitting up and talking to the paramedics, so I'm hoping everything is alright.

My point of all that is to say that yesterday was NUTS. But I still had one of the best Sundays I've ever experienced, and I think it was the best time for it because we just started the One Prayer series, which is all about the church coming together under one God to serve Him and work together for His good. All of the junk that happens on Sundays doesn't ever hinder us from doing our work for God's glory. So many things went "wrong" yesterday, but the Church doesn't stop. Satan can throw all of the obstacles he wants in our way, but as long as we all come together as one Church with one prayer for one God, then we are unstoppable. We are dangerous. And it is awesome. I had an amazing day yesterday despite the threat of heat stroke and falling cameras, and the Church keeps on moving.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Kelly, your spirit is awesome and I hope all of us that had difficulties on the first day of the One Prayer series keep praying for each other to be united and firm on this mighty work of God.

We have Pastor Furtick up for preaching "Make Us Audacious" this coming Sunday. I believe it's the best message of all the submitted messages and I'm excited in anticipation to how we will respond here in California.

Thanks for being so together and for your enthusiasm in times when others could easily be frustrated.