May 6, 2008

Persevere

I'm having a real issue with God lately. One of us isn't completely "there," if you know what I mean. And I'm sure it's me. I just don't know where I am, but I know I'm struggling daily to understand His love for me. Because lately I just don't feel it. At all. Trust me, I still know He loves me, I'm just not feeling it or living like it, I guess. I feel out of it.
But James 1.3-4 says that "the testing of your faith develops perseverance. Perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking in anything."
Which makes me realize that maybe I just haven't learned how to persevere yet. Maybe my faith just hasn't been tested to that level yet. It's discouraging for me to walk through life not understanding or feeling God's full love for me, but if I persevere, I might find it.

On a positive note, I get to go to Charleston this week with my "family." I'm excited to be a nanny for four days and spend some quality time with them while I still have the chance. Now if only I could just finish packing and get all of my crap out of my dorm room.
Goodbye, sophomore year.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Glad to have you. You don't even know. Honored to be your "family."