May 29, 2008

Lost and Found

One of my favorite blogs to read is Stuff Christians Like. Most of the time it's just sarcastic comments about the ridiculous things that churches and Christians tend to do out of habit, but every now and then he sticks in a post that teaches me a lot or speaks on an issue I'm dealing with. Today's post is about faith as an event. The post was good, but the last 2 little paragraphs got to me.
Lately I've been feeling lost. Not only that, but I haven't felt like anyone has been trying to find me; not God, not my friends or my family, no one. And that's hard for me to deal with. I agree with Jon when he says that we all want to be found. I've found myself "hiding" in the past in an effort to get anyone to notice I was gone just so that someone would come looking for me. It usually doesn't happen.

"We need to be found. Not once in a single moment of salvation but daily. Hourly even, we need the God of the universe to come running. To find us. To know us and love us."

I really agree. I don't know what it takes to get my mind wrapped around the fact that I do have a Father who is looking for me and loves me and wants to find me. Maybe if I can figure that out, I'll actually be found.

No comments: