August 28, 2008

Shut up and Listen

I'm in Exodus right now. I haven't gotten very far in it, but the beginning is awesome. I'm really hooked on the beginning process that God has with Moses trying to get him to see that He has big plans for him. God knows that Moses is going to become one of the world's greatest liberators. Moses knows that he's scared.

God does everything to encourage Moses from the time Moses encounters Him in the burning bush. He shows Moses the kind of miracles He can do through him, He assures Moses that He has his back no matter what, and He gives Moses Aaron to speak for him. Moses' reply?
[No, No, No. Please, send anyone but me. I don't want to. I can't. I'm scared. I'm not good enough.]
God has great things planned for Moses (GREAT things), but Moses was too busy making excuses to hear that part of it. He knew that what God was asking him to do right at that moment was going to be really hard, and that stopped him from seeing the bigger picture of what he would do for the Israelites later.

I truly believe God has some great things planned for me. I know He has a plan for me, and I know He is able to use me for things that are bigger than I could ever dream. I also know that some of the things He's asking me to do right now are going to be really difficult. There are some things I haven't been facing lately. Some things I need to do and correct, even though I know it's going to really hard. But now I'm thinking that I might be missing out on what God has planned for me in the future because I'm too busy saying no to the steps I need to take right now.
So instead of continuously saying no to God because what He's asking me to do right now seems hard, I want to focus on thinking about the awesome things that God wants to use me for later and pray for the confidence and strength to face the things that are difficult.
Basically, I want to shut up and listen.

2 comments:

LB said...

Kelly, Great blog post! I agree God has great plans for you! I'll be praying that you "shut up and listen"!!! :)

David said...

So, you and I definitely have similar struggles. I love how God's brought us randomly into each others life for encouragement and whatnot. You're an awesome chick and Rob's a lucky fella. Between the two of you, I'm bound to get into the wedding party :)