August 17, 2008

Mmhmm

Oh yeah, I was right. This morning was phenomenal. Amazing. Wonderful. Mind-blowing. The hard work that I saw people put into the matchbooks, the bags with Awakening cards and black rings, and the cardboard testimonies definitely paid off. This week I got to spend a lot of time helping this Sunday come together, and this morning was incredibly moving. Through all 4 services, seeing so many people step out of their own personal boats and into the arms of a loving God was awesome, and I hope I never forget it.

Then, to top off my incredibly emotional day, I experienced an incredibly emotional night at McGlohon! It was my first time visiting, and I can already tell this place is going to be packed with people searching for God and worshiping Him every Sunday. I can't wait to hear the stories of this place. Tonight, the worship was amazing. For the first half of the night, I was pretty dead. Today just wore me out, so I spent a lot of the time praying for less distractions and more energy. God definitely delivered, because before we even got to the first chorus of Healer, I was wrecked. I'm not sure what it meant, but God definitely moved in my heart and overwhelmed me during that song. [Nothing is impossible for You.] The end of the night was perfect, with Let God Arise. I haven't had that much fun worshiping God (and watching our worship leaders praise Him) in a really long time. We definitely have some of the best guys around who are filled with a ridiculous amount of passion for the Lord. .

Today, I felt the weight and the gravity and the importance that I have been missing. Today, I felt God move in my heart, and I witnessed the many ways He has moved in the lives of others.
And now I am exhausted.
In the best way possible.

No comments: